Do you know a woman like that?

Sunday, March 20, 2011 10:01 AM By dwi

examiner.com -

I keep intellection most "I Know a Woman Like That", an exalting flick that delighted both my care and me when we saw it last hebdomad at the SLO (San Luis Obispo) flick festival.  Created by mother-daughter filmmakers, Elaine and Colony Madsen (yup, that gorgeous star from "Sideways" is no droop in the brains department either) the movie is one big wonderful kumbaya to a vibrant bunch of senior women.

They range in geezerhood from Lauren Hutton, the “baby” at 64 who flashes her famous gapped agency grin and impishly announces, “The best part of growing senior is that I’m better in bed”, to Lucille Borgen, who at 94 is the oldest competitor in the story of the U.S. National Water Skiing Championships.

The flick interviews 14 other amazing women from every walks of life who hit no intentions of "going quietly into that good night". Thought provoking questions most growing senior elicit such gems as:

Barbara Hilary (who at 74 was the first individual dweller blackamoor to accomplish the North Pole and is now effort primed to conquer the South Pole) said, "When the undertaker looks at my face, I want him to say, “Wow, look at that smile."

Rita Moreno, "Old, to me, effectuation enriched, knowledgeable, beautiful, soulful..."

Eartha Kitt, "I LOVE existence a sex symbol at the geezerhood of 80."

When one of the women was asked what advice she had for 30-something's she succinct replied, "Hang in there. There's beatific stuff coming."

 

The other period I went to Book Passage at the S.F. Ferry Building to center Diane Lebow, a superb movement illustrator and a aroused advocate for women’s rights, read excerpts from her award winning story, “At Home in Afghanistan”.

She opened with, “Even though I movement extensively, I was never in a struggle regularize before. There were a some things to intend used to…” and I intellection to myself, "I Know a Woman Like That".


Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts